On December 18, 2019 all customers instances of Ai.Study have been updated to the latest release of SensaLab® Study. This release includes a number of new features and addresses known bugs identified in release 20190830.2.
Summary of the Key Features and Improvements in SensaLab® Study Release:
Flexibility in Study and Protocols and History of changes
- Users with rights to modify an ongoing study or a protocol can now update and make modifications in an Active Protocol or on-going Study. This allows approved amendments to be made without the need of creating another duplicate Study or Protocol, while maintaining and displaying the History of changes via a History tab. Changes permitted include modifying all details, the status, number of approved animals, approval periods (scheduled dates), take notes and add attachments.
- The Ethics Committee can now be provided view access to all studies without adding them to each Study. This is available in the Settings area and only available to System Administrators to apply (toggle on/off) for the system.
Identify between ad hoc and planned results and observations in data export
- Users can now distinguish between animal observations, scheduled and ad hoc study results as indicated in the results data export (csv).
Improved Animal Management
- The Animal table provides a clear indication of animals which have an RFID Tag in all animal listings (tables). A gray indicator is displayed in Animal's Unique ID if an animal has an RFID Tag associated to it. The RFID TID is displayed when user hovers (mouse over) on the Unique ID.
- Animals are now sorted by their Cage, Visual ID and Unique ID for quick identification.
- The Add Animal to Cage table display the Strain and include improved sorting and filters in each column to ensure the correct animal is identified when adding to a new or existing cage via the Workbench.
- The Animal Import file and process have been modified for clarity in field requirements and to support a range of Date capture options for a simpler import process.
The below listed bug fixes have been implemented which relate to field restrictions, end-point indicators, task management and user permissions.
- Administrator cannot Deactivate animal identification configuration. Note: Available for Administrator Only.
- Reduced the mandatory fields in Organisation Structure. Available to System Administrators only.
- Changes in mobile and phone number fields in Users page to allow special characters. Available to System Administrators only.
- Date field for Visual ID was displayed incorrectly in some instances. Note: Dates are now always consistent.
- Tasks of a Deactivated Study were not automatically removed from the system. Note: System removes future incomplete tasks when a Study is Deactivated.
- Export results button is available in the Animal results and Study results when there are no results recorded. Note: Export is only available when results are available for export.
- Completed tasks page is not displaying recent results first. Note: Most recent results are displayed at the top of the list (table)
- Sorting of test methods in Test Method Drop down in all pages where the test methods are listed. Note: The test methods are sorted alphabetically.
- Animal: For users with read-only view of the animals the DOB field is editable (but cannot not save). Note: Result Viewer can only view the DoB field
- Study Task: Task History is not showing ethical end point error message. Note: End Point indicators displayed in History
- Study Tasks: Tasks are not deleted when a phase has been deleted from the study. Note: Deleting a Phase without any results will now remove all planned tasks.
- Tasks of an un-enrolled and dead animal are not removed from Overdue task tab. Note: Planned Tasks for dead or un-enrolled animals are now removed from the future task list.
- User can activate the study when study end date is before study start date.
- Selected protocol is not displayed while editing the study dates
- User can see an extra field 'undefined value' in work bench protocol graph
- Total number of over allocated animals shown is incorrect in the graph while importing
- Filter is not working correctly if the Visual ID of one animal and Unique ID of another animal has same values.
- Sorting is not working on add animal list
- Animal Import: Can import animals with Visual ID date before the Date of Birth
- Update button in Visual ID is displayed as in-active
- User can Add Visual ID without Visual ID Date
- User with a role of Animal Husbandry Technician can add a Genotype, Phenotype and Strain of mouse to rat and vice versa. Note: These fields are Specie specific
- Start date can be after end date for Protocol Approval and expiry filter
- Cannot filter Visual ID using 'none'
- Study dates are not displayed when a user adds or modifies a Draft study to Activate it.
- Study Result: Study Drop down in Study Result is displaying all studies under the Protocol which are not associated to the Protocol
- Errors in format of Date in result exports
- Filter headers displays all values, even though the record is not available for the user
- Mobile number is not populated in Workbench protocol general information
- Study expiry is not inclusive of the end date.
- User is not able to extend the end date if the study is not in Draft mode
- Ethical endpoint not triggered from Connector if unit selected for measure tumour volume is different
- User can edit DoB so that RFID tag date id date can become a date before DoB