SensaLab Study enables pre-clinical experiments to be designed, planned, scheduled and executed. It can also be used to support Breeding experiments or plans (although it is not a full colony management system).
Study can be used on its own, but the maximum benefit will be realised when used as part of the full SensaLab Suite solution, which includes digital animal identification and automated data collection with SensaLab Connector. Study ensures experimental data is collected and stored against the correct animal record.
Study was designed to help researchers move beyond paper lab notebooks and using Excel spreadsheets. It is also much more than an Electronic Lab Notebook. Not only does it enable you to store ALL your research data, results and files in one place, securely, it also enables you to design your research, to validate the quality of your data, to maintain a full, online history and audit trail of changes to your data and even to share access to it, if you so wish.
Study will also prompt you, if / when humane or ethical endpoints are close to, or have been reached. You can record and store any observation against both your animal records and as part of your study – whether captured by animal technicians, veterinary staff or your research team.
Additional key benefits
Study also delivers the following key benefits:
- You have complete control over configuring your Study to suit your needs. You can define the experimental methods you use, the types and models of rodent you work with and can maintain them yourself.
- You can access your research and data, any time anywhere – you just need a browser and internet access.
- You do not need to worry about how much data you store – there is no limit to the numbers of records you create or files you attach. Ai.Study will automatically scale to meet your needs.
- You have complete control over how can view and update your research. You control access rights to your research. You can grant view only access to people outside of your immediate team, for example, grant reviewers or colleagues with whom you collaborate (where ever in the world they are).
- Somark continually invest in improving the ease of use and the functionality of Study. It will grow with you and if you have suggestions about what you need it to do and how it can be improved, please let us know via your Account manager or via our Support Portal at https://support.mysensalab.com using the “Submit a request” feature.
- You do not need any IT experience or people to help you get set up and use Study. Our team constantly monitor and manage your Study to keep it running, performing and backed up.