What information do you need?
As a System Administrator you will need to create and maintain the following sources of reference information used in SensaLab Study:
- Organization Structure
- What is your corporate structure?
- Which sites and facilities do you have and what are their addresses?
- What rooms do the facilities have?
- What racks do you have in each room?
- User Management - Access Rights & Permissions
- Which staff need access to SensaLab Study?
- What are their titles, email addresses and contact details?
- What roles do they need to ensure they have the right access to the right records and data?
- Settings for NC3Rs compliance in Studies
- Does your organisation wish for studies to have been designed according to the NCR3Rs Experimental Design Assistant best practice standards, and do you require researchers to evidence this for approval of their studies?
- Test methods used in Studies
- What observations, treatments, procedures, measurements and interventions does your organisation approve and use in experiments?
- What are the standards for measures?
- What are the SOPs for given procedures?
- What catalogue references for compounds, assays, reagents etc. should be documented?
- Configuration of field values for Animal Attributes and Identification Methods
- What mouse and rat strains does your organisation use?
- What genotypes does your organisation use?
- What phenotypes does your organisation use?
- What methods of identification does your organisation use, both for visual identification and digital identification?
- What are the standards for these methods of identification? For example, where on the animal? Any particular vendor or colour?
- What are the primary methods required?
Having this information prepared will help you set up your Ai.Study and ensure your colleagues can effectively use the system.