Connect a SensaLab Reader to an Connect to register details and record results of your Digitail Tagged animals directly to the animal record in Study or Tick@Lab.
Getting to know your Reader
The SensaLab Reader has been designed considering the environmental conditions in a lab and animal facility.
- The antenna located on the top surface of the Reader identifies and reads the data from the Digitail™ tag injected within a rodent tail.
- The Reader is designed to read an Digitail™ tag from within a rodent tail from up to a distance of 4cm (centimetres) above the reader.
- Tagged animals can be read on the entire antenna surface, maximum read distance is likely from the center of the antenna.
- Disinfect the Reader surface with approved lab disinfectant spray or wipe as needed when soiled, or to disinfect between cages or groups of animals.
- It is best to wipe clean the Reader surface before and after use to avoid any contaminants or residue build-up on the device. The Reader may be wiped clean using alcohol or water based wipes.
Connecting the Reader Device to Connect
- Step 1: Connect the Reader to the Connect using the provided USB A to USB B cable and Power Cable as per the SensaLab Suite Assembly guide.
- Step 2: Switch on the Reader using the power switch located on the left-hand-side of the device
- Step 3: Check the Device has been discovered by the Connect.
Tap the Settings button followed by a Tap on the Devices button to view the devices which are Connected to the Connect
Figure: Select Devices from Settings Screen
- The Reader devices icon should be displayed
- Optional: Tap on the Reader device for device details